You are here
We will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday the 27th and Friday the 28th.
Thank you for considering donating your new and gently used baby and kid (to age 4) items to Little Essentials! Because of you, Little Essentials has helped over 13,500 Brooklyn children with urgently needed items.
Donating to Little Essentials is easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Check to make sure your items are on our list of accepted items (see below).
2. Review our FAQs to confirm clothing meets our requirements, and other items are in good shape.
4. Either schedule a pick up, or plan to drop of your items at our warehouse during drop-off hours (see below).
5. Sort and label all clothing, and place in sturdy bags.
6. Pack additional loose items in separate bags.
7. Await pick up or head to our warehouse to drop off your items.
8. Print a tax receipt to enjoy a well-deserved tax deduction for your product donation.
9. Fill out our brief survey so we can continue to improve our service.
10. Pat yourself on the back for being a generally awesome member of the human race. Your donation will go directly to Brooklyn children in need.
Want to donate? For your convenience, we offer these two options:
Drop Off (Free)
Drop of items at our warehouse on Tuesdays from 3:00 – 6:00 PM and every first Saturday of the month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Location: 24 15th Street, #204, Gowanus, Brooklyn
Pick Up (Tax Deductible Donation)
To schedule a pickup in Brooklyn, please click here. Please note that we are a small mostly volunteer run organization so it may take us a couple of days to respond. Thank you for your understanding.
There is a tax deductible $10 donation required for all pickups, plus $10 for each bag of clothing that isn’t sorted and labeled. Payment can be made in cash, or check made out to Little Essentials, upon pick-up by our trusted driver.
What items do we accept?
CLOTHING: Seasonal (Fall & Winter) Children’s Clothing (newborn to age 4); Shoes; Socks & Tights; Coats; Gloves & Hats
SLEEP: Non-Drop Side Cribs manufactured AFTER 6/28/2011; Pack & Plays; Toddler beds; Crib mattresses; Bassinets; Moses baskets; Snuggle nests; Bed Rails
BEDDING: Crib/Toddler bed sheets; Blankets; Receiving blankets
CAR: Infant car seats; Toddler car seats; Booster car seats. Must be under 6 years old and never in an accident, please fill out a car seat waiver
GEAR: Carriers, slings, wraps; Bouncy seats; Swings
STROLLERS: Single or double strollers (infant & umbrella type); Snap & go type strollers; Stroller buntings, rain covers, sun shades; Stroller boards
DIAPERING & HEALTH: Diapers (opened packages are ok); Wipes; Diaper cream; Changing mats; Pottie; Health & Grooming kits; New pacifiers
BATHING: Bath tubs; Bath seats; Baby shampoo & lotion
FEEDING: High chairs; Booster chairs
NURSING: New Breast pumps (electric or manual); Nursing pillows, Cover-ups; Nursing pads; Nursing cream
TOYS/BOOKS: Infant playmats; Toys (all parts must be incl.; no large (e.g. kitchenettes) or ride on toys, no stuffed animals); Books
What items can we not accept?
Anything that is not on the above list, including but not limited to:
· Maternity clothes
· Other adult clothing
· Any toys or gear NOT listed above, such as: used baby bottles, diaper pails, stuffed animals, ride on toys
· Items that are damaged, stained, incomplete or are generally not in good working order
Why so many rules?
The reason we provide so many guidelines around donations is because we’re trying to streamline our operations, in order to maximize effort and funding that go into building out our program. As you know, we are a small, volunteer-run organization. Every hour we spend sorting donations is an hour we can’t put towards helping children in need. Every dollar we spend disposing of goods we can’t accept (or recycling boxes, etc.) is a dollar we can’t spend on program enhancement.
Our goal is to touch as many Brooklyn children as possible, and we need your help to do that. It really does take a village.
Thank you so much for your continued support.