Program and Services
We deliver on our mission through our donation program and educational workshops. Little Essentials is unable to donate directly to individuals. If you are in need of baby gear for your family, please visit Our COMMUNITY Partners page for a list of organizations that may be of assistance.
We partner with shelters, social service agencies and other community organizations to provide urgently needed children’s supplies to at-risk families in New York City.
How it works
- We solicit donations of baby and children clothing and gear like diapers, car seats, strollers, and pack-n-plays and store them in our warehouse in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.
- Partners place orders with us based on the up-to-the-minute needs of those they serve.
- We bundle orders for partners to pick up at our warehouse.
Educational Workshops with Tribeca Pediatrics
In the beginning, the sole focus of Little Essentials was our donation program. Over the years, however, we began supplementing this program with educational workshops in order to deepen our ability to help New York City children living in poverty. Thanks to our partnership with Tribeca Pediatrics, their expert staff now teach our workshops, which cover maternal health and child safety topics such as CPR, breast feeding, and child development.
How it works
- Our partners contact us to let us know that they would like to offer a workshop to the families they serve.
- We arrange a time for Tribeca Pediatrics staff to go on-site to deliver the workshop.
If you are interested in becoming a Little Essentials partner, or to learn more about any of our offerings, we'd love to hear from you!